Dirty Vibes Federal Lawsuit against RCT and Donald Hughes II
News and Updates involving the DirtyVibes Lawsuit with Right Connections Travel
On June 30, 2023- Appeals Ruling by 9th Circuit Court of Appeals (this Ruling is a combined ruling on both appeals filed by RCT). The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals issued a ruling denying two (2) separate appeals filed by Don Hughes’ RCT challenging the validity of the Injunction against them and the imposition of sanctions. The 9th Circuit denied all claims and found there was no error in the factual and legal findings by the lower court.”
On April 17, 2023- Order Granting Sanctions- The federal court in Nevada ruled on Desirous Parties’ Emergency Motion to Dismiss and for Sanctions due to Don Hughes and RCT’s continued violations of the Injunction against them prohibiting them from using the Desirous Parties’ DIRTY VIBES trademark. The Judge did not determine whether the burden for dismissal was met. However, she found that Hughes and RCT continued to violate the injunction and ordered them to pay sanctions in the amount of $46,766.00.
To all members and guests of DirtyVibes.com which is owned, trademarked, copyrighted and produced by Desirous Parties Unlimited Inc..
We have received a lot of questions since our Dirty Vibes® announcement on December (2020) terminating the vendor relationship with Right Connections Travel (RCT) and Donald Hughes II.
A lot of confusion continues to be caused by Donald Hughes II and Right Connections Travel (RCT) misusing the DirtyVibes® brand along with the signature brand trip names created exclusively by the production team at DesirousParty®. This concerns multiple facets including T.M. Infringement and intentional confusion by the listed parties.
No one likes drama, and we definitely understand that. However, given the ongoing confusion in the market regarding Dirty Vibes®, we felt it necessary to inform our clients about this scenario. So they receive the quality events they have come to expect that are produced by the Desirous Party® team.
As such, please note the following:
- DirtyVibes.com is the only official website of Dirty Vibes®.
- The "dirty-vibes.com" website is an unauthorized website that intentionally copied content off the real DirtyVibes® site to cause confusion. That site is in no way associated with or produced by DesirousParty® and in no way affiliated.
- Desirous Parties Unlimited Inc. owns the U.S. Patent and Trademark Registration for Dirty Vibes® (see Dirty Vibes® U.S. patent registration trademark paperwork below).
- Desirous Parties Unlimited Inc. owns the U.S. Copyright for all photos and content posted on DirtyVibes.com. The U.S. Copyright registration certificate is listed below.
- The names TRYST, Dirty Vibes®Music Fest, Wicked Eden, DEVIANT, THRIVE and ReVeL were created exclusively by the DesirousParty® production team with no input from Donald Hughes II or Right Connections Travel also known as RCT. This is what the production team at DesirousParty® has done successfully since 2004 by creating unique theme brands.
- We have also now launched new signature theme brands such as DEVIANT, THRIVE and ReVeL.
- To stop confusion. You may also find all events found on the Dirty Vibes® also listed on the Desirous Party® website. A simple way to tell the real from the fake.
As always Dirty Vibes® and Desirous Party® is a reflection of each and every one of you, and we thank you for your support.
We are now handling travel operations in house via DesirousParty® Vacations to give our guests the VIP treatment from the time you make your reservation throughout your entire travel/party experience.
We are committed to the long term quality and premium experience that our guests have come to expect from our brands.
- On December 5, 2022- the federal court ruled on the Emergency Motion to enforce Injunction Order against RCT and Donald Hughes II. For the full Order from the federal court please see below. Also, see the conclusion page of the Order for bullet points concerning Dirty Vibes®.
- On September 7, 2022- the federal court granted Desirous Parties’ Motion for Preliminary Injunction. See the attached ruling here (below). Per the ruling, the Court found that Desirous Parties “demonstrated a strong likelihood of success” on its trademark and copyright infringement claims concerning Dirty Vibes®, and ordered RCT to cease using the name DIRTY VIBES® and other intellectual property owned by Desirous Parties Unlimited Inc..
- 10-2021- The Federal Lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court in Arizona was moved to the U.S. District Court in Nevada.
- 08-21-2021- US Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”) denial paperwork has been posted below for all Trademark applications submitted by Right Connections Travel in relation to Dirty Vibes due to confusion to existing Trademarks owned by Desirous Parties Unlimited Inc.
- 08-11-2021- A complaint was Filed in the Arizona Federal Court for Trademark Infringement, Copyright Violations along with other complaints against Don Hughes and Right Connections Travel on this date. Please see below attached PDF for the full Federal Complaint.
- 08-04-2021- U.S. Copyright registration certificate for photos on the DirtyVibes.com site has been posted below. More copyright registration certificates will be forthcoming shortly.
- 06-28-2021- The U.S. Patent and Registration Trademark certificate awarding Dirty Vibes to Desirous Parties Unlimited Inc. is posted below. This is for classes 39 and 41 on the Trademark. More trademark certificates are forthcoming.
with any questions, comments or concerns.